Friday, January 19, 2007

Our Trip To Michigan





This past weekend - the weekend of the 12th-the 14th - Mike, Maggie, and I went to Michigan for a few days. For those that did not know we were there- basicaly everyone - we did that because we knew our time was limited and we would not be able to see anyone. We went to spend Austin's 15th birthday with him and to spend some time watching him play hockey in a tournament in Port Huron. We had a wonderful time. We were able to meet some of the parents from the team we had never met, spend time with my family, watch Austin do what he loves, and just hang out. We were also able to just spend time for his birthday. I must say the weekend was exhausting though. We were on the run the whole time. We went from the rink to eat and then to the hotel where my parents were staying and back to the rink again many times.

Austin and his team had a great weekend. They lost in the quarter finals in overtime. They played well as a team to make it that far. On Sunday we went to my parents and celebrated Austin's birthday. He is such a wonderful young man. We are soo proud of him. He handles himself very well and we love him very much.

It was also great to spend time with my family. I have not seen my Dad since he had his heart attack in early November. He is doing well except he does tire more easliy. He has also lost weight and looks good. I was able to go out Friday night and dance the night away with my brother Matt. We have not done anything like that in a long time. My Mom, my sister, and I also got to hang out and do some shopping with Maggie - a girls day together. We had so much fun just being together. One the things I miss most about Michigan is seeing my family regularly. I must say that I do not miss the weather though!!

For all of those we missed getting to see - everyone:) - we are planning a family trip to Michigan in March. We are planning on staying for 11 days so we can spend lots of time catching up with you all.

Just so you know who is the pictures here is the list -

#1 - Mike, Maggie, Austin, and I
#2 - Maggie feeding Uncle matt- my brother - her sucker
#3 - Austin
#4 - My sister Chris, me, and my brother Matt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary, you have the sweetest little girl. I love those curls!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a handsome teenager you have. You'd better keep a good eye on that one!!!