Tuesday, January 29, 2008
I must say that I am so blessed to have a dear friend to go with. We go Monday thru Friday. She pushes me in such a good way. I have lost 5 pounds in 2 and half weeks. We usually alternate between working on our legs and arms. We do our abs everyday and then the treadmill everyday for 30 minutes. All of this with a 1500 calorie diet an I am feeling very good.
I feel great and appreciate the help I am getting in keeping my commitment to get healthy.
Mike is not able to go as much but he is watching what he is eating more and getting to the gym as much as possible on his days off. I am excited to see what our transformations will be after a few months of taking care of ourselves!!!
Thursday, January 17, 2008
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Last week
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? so/so
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Turkey
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? 8!!!
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?yes
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? um - yes
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Oh no - I am sure I would get the malfunctioning cord!
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? apple and cinnamon oatmeal
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? yes
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? mint chocolate chip
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? their faces
15. RED OR PINK? red.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF? my worrying
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Austin
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Grey and no shoes
19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Special K protein snack bar
20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? My kids playing Wii
21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Indigo
22. FAVORITE SMELLS? newborn baby
23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Austin
24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Hockey, baseball, football
25. HAIR COLOR? Blonde
26. EYE COLOR? Blue
27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No.
28. FAVORITE FOOD? Chocolate
29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy Endings
30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? We are Marshall
31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? White
32. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer
33. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs - I love to cuddle
34. FAVORITE DESSERT? Cheesecake.
35. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? "Home To Holly Springs"
36. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Spongebob
37. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? American Idol and Biggest Loser Couples(Previously recorded by me)
38. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Laughter
39. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles
40. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Rome
41. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Talking!!!
42. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Midland, Michigan
i tag anyone who would like to do this! It was fun!!
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Today is our oldest son's 16th birthday. I can hardly believe it!! time goes by so quickly. It seems like just yesterday he was learning to walk, then ride a bike, then skate.....
We are so proud of the wonderful young man Austin has become. He has lots on his shoulders yet he deals with it with maturity and grace. He has lived with my parents since he was 12 to continue on his path to one day play professional hockey - his ultimate dream. Through all the adjustments he has done so well. Through all the scouting and scrutiny - especially this year - he has thrived and handled it with poise. On top of that all he has kept up his grade point and focused. We are so very proud!
Just an fyi - watch out because he will be getting his license in February or March!!!
We love you Austin - Happy 16th Birthday!!!
Pic 1 - Austin with his teammates at the Michigan vs Notre Dame football game. He is on the far right in the bottom. Pic2 - Austin playing with his brothers and friends in Michigan in August. Pic 3 - Austin comparing muscles with RJ
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
On New Years Day we were fortunate enough to have tickets for the Capital One Bowl game with Michigan vs Florida. Of course having been born and raised in Michigan it was a no brainer who Mike and I were rooting for. My sister and her husband came too - it was their idea to go - but they were split. She was rooting on Michigan and he was going for the Gators.
We had the best time! W got there early so we could tailgate which was lots of fun. All the fans really enjoyed themselves and were very kind to each other. During the game it was a nail biter. it is one of the best football games I have ever seen. I never wanted to leave my seat- even to use the facilities. The highlight of the game for me was when my best friend called me from the New Years Day party her family was at with many of our other dear friends. They put me on speaker phone and they yelled and cheered on the Wolverines with me!! It was the best!!!
The pictures are of Mike, Me , my sister and Brother-in-law tailgating outside the stadium. Mike and I in our seats. The Michigan Wolverines coming on to the field - you can tell how high up we were but we could see everything very well. Last is the Wolverines running on the field after their 41-35 victory over the Florida Gators.
Today as we were sitting down to lunch Mikey says "Look at that turtle in the water" So I look and I totally miss seeing the turtle because I see this very large iguana sunning himself on a chair on our dock. The kids were thrilled and of course wanted to capture him to have as a pet! I must say he was pretty amazing. It is a perk to living in Florida to have such a variety of wildlife right in your own backyard..