Sunday, March 16, 2008

My Baby is Driving!!!

Last week on Tuesday Austin got his driver's license. It is so hard to believe that he can drive - alone!!! He is loving the freedom but is finding out rather quickly that gas is expensive. I am glad that in Michigan he can only have one other person in the car with him at a time. It cuts down on distractions. So far he is doing a great job and is giving my parents some freedom too. I can't wait til next week when he gets here so he can run my errands. I have waited a long 16 years to say to him "Go get me some milk."; " I am out of bread - go to the store" It is going to be nice!!!! Now we just keep asking his Guardian Angel to protect him when he drives:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Austin parked right next to me today, and a fine parking job it was, Mom! It's good to see him again. Looking forward to seeing you soon, too. Say Hi to Maggie for me :-)