Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sending Kids to School This Year

Well we have decided to stop homeschooling at this point and put the kids into school. Here in Michigan we have found a great charter school to send them to. So far Mikey and RJ are in and the other 3 boys are at the top of their waiting lists.

I must say that I am very glad and sad at the same time. I knew that I could not do it right now. With 5 to school, two under 5 at home, and a new baby coming I felt like it was impossible. I know it is not as many of my dear friends do it, but my temperament couldn't handle it. the boys are getting behind, they want to go to school, and I am feeling very overwhelmed and unable to handle the load of school work, housework, and life in general. I must say too that I want to sit back and enjoy this baby with no pressure to get back to school.

On the other hand we loved the freedom homeschooling allowed us. We were getting into a nice rhythm. It is also a sacrifice to send them and entrust them to someone else. I am nervous about how they will do but at the same time I know I have great kids with a strong faith and a great parish that provides excellent formation for the kids.

I will surely keep everyone updated on our adventures this year and God Bless you all during this school year whether at home or school.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Mary,
With the mother being the heart & soul of young children, I'm sure your kids will be just fine!
I can see the sadness AND joy on both ends.
But good for you for knowing your limit and changing things when best.
I look forward to your updates!