Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Nate Swimming!




Nate has been afraid to swim. He has been wearing a life vest in the pool since we moved in. A couple of days ago I convinced him to put a "bubble" in the back of suit and try to swim with it.
What we do is take one arm swimmie and put it in the back of their swim suit. It bouys them up and them they learn to swim with as little interference as possible.
He was a little nervous at first, but as you can see he took to it quickly. Only two days of that and now he is swimming completely on his own! We are so proud of him. Way to go Nate!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This looks like so much fun. Did you know I just learned how to swim last year? I loved it.

Andrea M said...

I just realized you had a blog! That swim idea is pretty neat. I may have to try that with my little guy.