Thursday, November 29, 2007

Joy And Thankfulness

I just had to post and tell you how happy, excited and absolutely grateful I am today. My hubby finally got a job!! It has been a long 3 months let me tell you. He started working today for a company called Majestic Airport Transportation. He picks people up at the airport and takes them to their destination or else picks them up at home or the hotel to take them to the airport. They pay everyday and he makes 1/2 of each fare ( they are set fares) plus tips. So far he loves it!!

The drawbacks are that he is an independent contractor so there are no benefits. Also the hours are long - 12 to 16 hours per day. The great part is they pay everyday and provide the vehicles (either a van, mini-van or a town car) This is such a good job for him I am sure he will succeed.

Thanks to all of you who have prayed, offered encouragement and just listened when I needed to vent. I love you all and I am so thankful to our Good Lord for this job!!!

4 comments:

Lynne said...

What a Christmas Gift! I am so happy for your family. Getting paid daily and tips, how great is that! I wish Mike the best.

Anonymous said...

so happy for all of you. I'm envious- just think of all the great things he could listen to on audio when there is no one in the car!
lisa in IL

Justine said...

Hooray! So happy for you!

Sharon said...

Such great news! Yay! I hope he continues to enjoy this job.