Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween, Chicago, And more







































Yesterday was so much fun. In the afternoon the boys helped clean out the pumpkin so I cold make pumpkin seeds and Dad could carve the pumpkin. Then My sister, brother-in-law, and nephew came over for piza and trcik-or-treating. The kids all dressed up so cute a you can see. Mikey was the basketball head, RJ was a ninja, Ben was Darth Vader, my nephew Jake was a warrior, Kolbe was a football player, Nate was Captain Jack Sparrow, Christian was a fire Fighter, and Maggie was Dorothy. I must say it was so much fun dressing her up. She said trick-or-treat , Happy Halloween, and thank you when she got candy. She was a hit around the neighborhood as well as all of the kids. I must say I thought we would have a lot more trick-or-treaters than we did. Now I have tons of candy left over in addition to their haul.

Today I leave for Detroit so I can go to Austin's tournament in Chicago. I am really looking forward to the time with Austin and my family. It is going to be buys but wonderful. Austin and I are also going to be seeing some very dear friends while we are there. I can't wait it has been years since we have seen them.

Please keep prayingf or Mike's job situation. He did not get the city job. They gave it to someone with previous police dispatch experience. He did apply for 911 dispatch where we live and call taker for Ft. Myers. Please pray he gets a job soon. Also my job has ended. The company I work for has ceased operations. I am so bummed. It was a great job for at home and I was starting to earn a decent amount. I know God has a plan I just wish it involved jobs for our family.

Not much else new but you know I will be posting when I get back from Detroit.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Mary, I am sorry the job didn't work our for your husband. We will continue to pray! You are a strong woman.

On a lighter note, your kids look great in their costumes! :) I hope they had a nice time.

Have a safe time in Detroit. We were just there last weekend! Hopefully some time we'll be there the same weekend. ;)

Anonymous said...

the photos are great!! have a good time at the tournament in my neck of the woods- Chicago is about 2.5 hrs N of us. Sorry about the jobs falling through. I can't even imagine how stressful this must be. remember, if you are ever looking for a strong Catholic area with a low cost of living and job security, look to Peoria! we still really love it here! It is the size of Ann Arbor, but SO much more affordable!! and 2.5 hrs from both St Louis and Chicago.
lisa

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting these. I love kids in Halloween costumes--so cute!