Saturday, September 08, 2007

My First Week Of Work

Yes - I said work! I started working from home this week as an Independant Contractor to a company in Chicago. I code legal documents for them. This week was a little hectic I must admit, but got better as the week went on.

First off it was hard to find time with schooling the kids, keeping the house clean, baseball, etc. Then the first batch of documents I coded was almost entirely in German!!! That was a huge challenge and it took me almost 5 hours to finish a batch of 20 documents. Not a huge money maker. The next batches just got easier and now I just have to hone my typing skills - and my German:) (jk) - and I should be able to complete more batches per hour and make some extra money.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! You are one busy lady!!! Keep up the good work, you are awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration!

Lynne said...

I am so happy for you. Keep it up. It gets easier with each week that goes by. The money will come and you will be rewarded. Remember to stop and breathe now and then.