Sunday, October 14, 2007

God Fatihful in The Little Details

This weekend my hubby has been gone to Ann Arbor to watch our son play hockey for the weekend. My parents generously paid his way there. Needless to say that such weekends alone with 7 kids, sports, and one vehicle can be a little hectic.

Well yet again God showed me His love for me in the little details. R.J. was supposed to have a baseball tournament locally this weekend and Mikey's games were supposed to be Saturday. Also Kolbe was supposed to attend Mass at 4:00 Saturday with his CCD Class. All this was going to make for interesting arrangement making for me as well as the other kids who were going to be dragged along behind me where ever I went.

In God's great mercy and goodness everything was changed around for the better. RJ had no baseball this weekend - not even practice! His tournament is now this weekend coming up. Mikey's games were changed to today which left us completely free to hang around and get chores done Saturday and attend 4:00 Mass where Kolbe was able to then sit with his CCD class in preparation for First Holy Communion. Not only that but Friday was relatively free so I was able to get a lot of work done for my legal coding job and we still had time to go to my sister's house for dinner and hockey - University of Michigan was on and they get the Big Ten channel with their satellite dish so they had us over for dinner, hockey and fun time for the kids to hang out with their cousin.

All in all it was a great weekend where I continually felt God's gentle guidance. I must continue to ask for prayers for my sanity however. The prednisone (60 mg per day for a week) is making me very hyper and none to kind. I lost my temper badly a couple of times this weekend and had to apologize to my kiddos. They are so sweet and forgiving - I am much harder on myself. I am also struggling a little with my walk with God and all the stresses and the grind of daily life but I have definitely felt all of your prayers and have seen the results of such faithful friends praying for me and thinking of me. Have a great week everyone and I will be back as soon as I can get here.....

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Oh Mary, I'm so glad to hear things have worked in your favor for a little break! I know when it rains, it pours, and you so deserve some good! ;)
I am amazed, once again, at the way you continually see God amidst your struggles. When I'm struggling, I too often run the other way.
You're an inspiration!

I will for sure keep praying for you.