Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Dropping In to Say 'Hi"

Hey Everyone - I have been so busy that I have not been to good about posting regularly.

Life here is pretty hectic at the moment. We have been very busy with homeschooling. I am teaching 5 kids this year so my days are full not to mention working for home on top of it all. At the end of a day I am spent to say the least. Mike is still looking for work which is stressful. The economy here is horrible and has been ranked as the worst place in the US to find a job. It is causing lots of stress around here but we are holding up. I am waiting for my appointment on the 12th to find out what my biopsies showed if anything.

The kids are busy too. Between school work, CCD for Kolbe and baseball we are always on the go. It is good though. The kids are doing great in school. Kolbe loves CCD and is excited to make his First Reconciliation and First Communion this year. Mikey and RJ are both thriving in baseball and love their new teams. Though they are no winning much they are learning and that is key. Austin is super busy with school work and hockey. He is finding that social time is very limited because he is so busy. Things are going well and many scouts from colleges, National Team Development Program, and the OHL are avidly watching him this year.

I am overwhelmed lately and feeling very alone and stressed. It is hard sometimes to understand why things happen and why they seem to be continual for us. I know God allows suffering because He loves us and that He loves me - it is just hard to swallow it at times. I am tired of the stress, lack of money, lack of stability, the fear of how we are going to make it etc. I am sad and have been thinking about the fact that we may be done having babies. I know we are blessed with the wonderful kids we have yet we want more. Now is obviously not the best time but I have found myself missing the babies I have lost over the past year and a half. I find that my heart and arms feel so empty at times. Well it is just where I am right now - sad, lonely, stressed, a little frightened and tired of it all. I love God and I know He is caring for us it is just hard - I am human after all.

I hope life is treating everyone well and will be back soon.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(((Mary))) I have been thinking of you often and praying for you!!
I am with you- feeling overwhelmed, missing a baby in my arms (Maria was born 2/12/05- ages ago it seems!!), and feeling the stress of precarious finances and poor health. (I have Lupus and a genetic bleeding disorder)
Tim passes on his heartfelt prayers and hello to Mike. How much fun would they have with all these boys now!!
Our part of the country is very affordable (why we had to move here from Ann Arbor) and very very large family/Catholic friendly.
lmk if you are ever looking in the Midwest!!
Peace of Christ, lisa