Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Results Are In

Well - I am back from getting my biopsy result for my rash and my mole.

The rash is Granuloma Annulare and so they are putting me on prednisone for a week and then a month off and then prednisone for a week. They are also giving me a steroid cream to use and they say that should stop the spreading and it should eventually go away.

The mole is not normal. It is not at melanoma stage and may never get here but it is Dysplastic Nevus - the stage before Melanoma. They are going to take a deeper biopsy in two weeks after this one heals a little more. The deeper biopsy will be compared to the other one to see if they need to take more or if they have gotten all the abnormal cells.

All in All not too bad. I am glad to have answers, but I am not glad to need a deeper biopsy in to weeks. Oh well -Such is life.

p.s. - our phone situation should be finally resolved by this evening. What a mess of lost paymetns a dreversed payents - Yikes!!!

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Glad to hear your news. Although not great news, it really isn't too bad. My thoughts are with you.
Keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

Mary, you're still in my prayers. I'm sorry you have to get another biopsy. Yuk! I will offer up Mass for you this week.

Sharon said...

(((hugs))) & prayers. Hope the meds are too rough on you.